September 14, 2011

One Hot Mess...


that's what i got myself into yesterday morning- a hot mess. i am not an avid shopper. my mom has a clothing store, a fabulous one at that, so i do not find tremendous joy in shopping for clothes. i do however adore shoe shopping and i'm not sure if i enjoy anything more than decorating my home so i decided monday night that i would get up early and head to target to "pick-up" a few Missoni for Target items. hahaha- biggest joke of the year. a. i do not enjoy big crowds or pushy shoppers and b. i don't enjoy clothes with prints, especially neon prints- in fact, i've recently decided that the majority of my home will be WHITE. if you know Missoni, you know that white doesn't exist. here's how it all went down:

i decided on the target in frisco because that area is so heavily populated with young moms that i figured everyone would be stuck in the carpool lanes at the billion schools frisco now offers. WRONG. these wonder moms actually had their less interested friends and neighbors take their kids to school so that they could ransac the place. when i arrived at 8:15 (the store opens at 8:00) there were maybe ten different items left. i grabbed what i liked and headed to a quiet corner to pick through my loot and choose my favs. of course sweet P got a sussie, the cutest of all my purchases, and i snagged a couple home items and a shirt. yes, i said a shirt. I HAVE NO IDEA WHY- i do not deal well with clothes that i don't understand. i do solids and most of my clothes require a dry cleaner, so this was foreign territory for me and it seems as though the fabulous world of target clothing will stay that way. more power to you ladies that can pull it off- i'm honestly jealous. the mister is returning it along with my unwanted purchases later today- i'm bad at returns. 

moral of this story- i fought the shopping cart traffic and crowded parking lot at 8:15 in the morning to get a onesie and a t-shirt bra. i'm not buying into the hype next time. not the throw i wanted, nothing i wanted. boo.

No comments:

Post a Comment