August 26, 2010

Austin, Fantastic!

I have to tell you about the most fabulous hotel in Austin... Tucked behind an ivy-covered wall lies Hotel San Jose, a perfectly thought out and adequately Austin place to lay your head. Everything is planned and executed with grace and a tinge of obsessive compulsive ideal. Tyler was gracious enough to travel to Austin with me for a Stella & Dot party, hosted by my sweet friend, Stephanie (Lewis) Wolslager. As a Thank You, I booked our room in June- Note: You must plan far in advance. This place is highly sought after and has very few bungalows.We absolutely LOVE Austin and search for reasons to make the drive... nevermind the fact that my oldest brother lives there....

Below are a few  pictures of the hotel:


The pool is small and boasts full sun on one side and plenty of shade on the other... I had my first "Shandy"... anyone know what that is? Beer + Lemonade. Not only is Hotel San Jose cozy and unique- it's dog friendly as well! Too bad we left Lola at her Mimi's!!!



Tyler has to have his first breakfast pretty soon after he wakes up- I took advantage and had my first mimosa as soon as he woke up! Notice how perfectly placed the tray is- not to mention amazing granola!



Everyone knows my obsession with cupcakes (Red Velvet, Maryl?!) so it is only fitting that the S. Congress "Hey Cupcake" is in walking distance. After our wine-filled evening at Max's Wine Dive and a nightcap at Pearl Lustre we finished the evening off with cupcakes! We gave up at this point... a very poor showing on my part.


So the verdict is in- You've got to try this place. You will without a doubt, fall in love!

1 comment:

  1. So cute! Love that place - and Max's and Pearl Lustre. You two know how to do it!

    ReplyDelete