August 17, 2010

Happy Birthday Lola!

Happy Birthday to the BEST dog in the entire world. Six years ago (can you believe it?!) I got a call in the middle of Chi Omega Rush to let me know that a litter of boxers had arrived and one precious baby would be gifted to me.... the babies were in Houston so there was no way I would get to pick her out, so I left it up to Ms. Carol Pate. She picked out the runt and began to tell me all about her... she was shy and tiny.... obviously she brought me the wrong puppy, Lola is neither of those things! How thankful am I for the swap?? I can't begin to tell you how fabulous she is... but she's lonely so my birthday promise to Miss Priss is that she will have a brother by her 7th Birthday!

Lola's litter, like so many, was accidental. The owners had no idea that their female was not spayed so they ended up with seven babies out of the blue- they were lucky, neighbors and friends were more than willing to take in the precious pups, but most of the time these puppies end up in shelters or with rescue organizations because finding a home for multiple animals is a job all by itself! That being said, a BIG, HUGE thanks goes out to my favorite rescue organization: Legacy Boxer Rescue!

http://www.savetheboxers.com/ or "Like" them on facebook

In honor of Little Lola- take a look and don't forget to spay and neuter your pups! See below for information on many area organizations that offer these services for FREE!!



No comments:

Post a Comment